ES-18A single-axis geotechnical centrifuge shaker
Direction of shaking for ES-18A Shaker when mounted on centrifuge.
The ES-18A shaker system is a servo-hydraulically controlled centrifuge shaker designed to produce 1-D translational shaking in response to an applied input voltage signal. It has been designed for use with medium-to-large sized geotechnical centrifuges such as the Acutronic 665, for studies in which application of input motions to the base of a model container is desired. Maximum nominal design shaking force is 49 kN (11,000 lbf) at a supply pressure of 20.7 Mpa (3,000 psi), with maximum stroke (i.e. peak to peak displacement) of the slip-table of 12.7 mm (0.5 inch) in the ‘X’ direction (Figure 1). The nominal operating frequency range is 20-350 Hz.
- incorporates one high performance Team servohydraulic actuators for ultra-high frequency response
- the actuator incorporates integrated hydrostatic spherical pad bearings to provide rigid axial coupling to the slip-table
- a low-mass, high stiffness aluminum alloy slip table guided by low-friction bearings provide high vertical stiffness and very low horizontal friction
- low-friction fluoropolymer-lined spherical bearings utilized at platform hinge supports
- high flexibility, high pressure hydraulic supply hoses for superior reliability and
- integral sump tank and hyrdaulically-driven pump for collection and return of hydrostatic bearing bypass oil
- integrated mounts for optional attachment of accessories such as PVL's CRM-4 in-flight robotic manipulator, loading devices such as PVL's LF-2 hydraulic load frame, camera systems, etc.
- includes an instrumentation shelf for placement of data acquisition and control hardware
- system includes a hydraulic power supply with a sequential pump controller (typically placed in a utility room adjacent to the centrifuge enclosure), one PVL
SC-2000 servo-controller, one PVL PA-2000 power amplifier, one PVL XC-2000
expansion chassis, one small-footprint industrial PC server with DAC interface board, and PVL’s high performance software for shaker control.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.